I was a single mom this week with the hubby out of town for work, so I kept things nice and simple. :)
1. MONDAY: The girls wanted sandwiches on white bread today. These are ham, cheese and salami. Big Sis' has lettuce and mayo, too. Accompanied by White Cheddar Cheez-Its, an orange, canned carrots, Pretzel Crisps with a cheese stick and a new flavor of Little Bites - Party cakes. Woo hoo!
2. TUESDAY - Little Sis will eat pasta every day if I let her, but she knows I won't let her, so today is the day she chose her favorite: homemade fettuccine I made over the weekend as a special treat for playing hard in her first soccer game of the season. It was served in her usual way with butter, bacon and a side of shaved parmesan cheese. Sorry, it's not shown, but I didn't want to let the heat escape while I took pix. Sides were tomatoes, mozzarella, basil with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, pretzel crisps, a mozzarella stick, Peeled Snacks' Apple Clusters and her new favorite treat: Little Bites Party Cakes. Big Sis got something similar but sugar snap peas instead of the salad.
3. WEDNESDAY: They wanted sandwiches again so I jazzed it up a bit with some musical picks. Perfect for Piano Lesson Wednesdays! :) Also with tomato/mozzarella/basil salad, strawberries, carrots and ranch, Pringles and 2 Mint Milano cookies from Pepperidge Farms.
4. THURSDAY: Their new fave way of making pizza lunchables, thanks to my new bento book from Anna of Becoming a Bentoholic, using whole wheat English muffins. Funny they don't want wheat bread for sandwiches anymore, but they don't even notice that this muffin is whole wheatier than the sandwich bread. So, English muffin with Applegate pepperoni, shredded mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce, sugar snap peas, mini pretzel crisps with hummus in the mini container and a applesauce on the side.
5. FRIDAY: Don't want to be creative and just want to crank em out, so tried and true cheese and cracker lunchables are what they got. Can you tell that they've been on a big Little Bits kick, too? :)
Thanks so much for stopping by and please feel free to make my day by leaving me a comment, joining my blog in the top right corner or liking my on Facebook at MyEpicureanAdventures - the more the merrier! :)
Christine, aka happyvballgirl :)