Meet our weekend veggie wrap. It was delicious and it was a hubby-inspired lunch from over the weekend. He suggested it, decided what he wanted in it and chopped up the veggies while I sauteed them and made the cream cheese spread. It was the first time we've cooked together in a really long time and it was so nice!
Weekend Veggie Wraps
by happyvballgirl (+ hubby) @ My Epicurean Adventures
4 large, soft flour tortilla wraps
1-2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, sliced
handful of baby spinach
4 oz (half a block) cream cheese
2 Tbsp Wickles Pickles Hoagie and Sub Relish or any other zesty relish you prefer
1 Tbsp diced pickled jalapenos (optional)
- Heat skillet, add cooking oil (I use grapeseed) and saute onions, red pepper and carrots for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach (optional) and saute for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- While veggies are cooking, in a medium sized bowl, mix cream cheese, relish and jalapenos thoroughly and set aside. *re spinach: saute them if you wish or use them raw instead in step 5. I personally prefer to have them raw as it add some fresh texture to the wrap.
- Lay out 4 tortillas and spread cream cheese mixture in the middle.
- (Optional) Lay out raw baby spinach on top of cream cheese spread.
- Evenly divide sauteed veggies across 4 tortillas.
- Top with avocado slices.
- Wrap up tightly, folding the 2 ends in first and then roll it up starting from the side closest to you.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
It was pretty easy to throw together and went down even easier. :)
Thanks so much for stopping by and please feel free to make my day by leaving me a comment, joining my blog in the top right corner or liking my on Facebook at MyEpicureanAdventures - the more the merrier! :)
Christine, aka happyvballgirl :)