Yesterday, this idea for a little gift for daddy came to mind, so the three of us girls headed to Bed, Bath and Beyond to do a little last-minute Christmas shopping. We were basically looking for a to-go coffee mug for the hubby, one that would actually fit under our new espresso machine.
We quickly happened upon a giant Tervis display with a million jillion different designs and sizes to choose from. After seeing soooo many cute designs, I thought hmmm, I think we need to turn this into a family gift... ie one for each of us! So we each picked one out for ourselves and actually, the girls picked one out for me which I just love.
Ok, I know these are just cups, but I am just so excited how perfectly they fit into our lives, seriously! Here is a list of reasons I love them so much:
1. They are Made in the wonderful USA! I'm willing to spend a little extra If it means I can support, even if just a teeny tiny bit, this country I love.
2. We can express our own personalities by choosing our own design, though we chose for daddy. :) Love that the girls were there with me to pick out their own.
3. They are good for hot AND cold drinks, meaning this will not only work for coffee but it works for keeping our ice water cold on road trips!
4. They are dishwasher safe. Nothing sucks more than a sinkful of lids and cups to wash. Ok, there are lots of worse things, but it still stinks! :)
5. Of paramount importance: they actually FIT under the spout of our espresso machine! Yahoo!
Ok, here's the kicker, which is an extension of reason #3:
Our to-go cup shelves in our cabinet are a precariously balanced mess of various coffee cups, water cups, sippy cups, straw cups which just really irritates the hubby (and me too, but more so him) many of which we use for our numerous family trips and outings. But with these 4 new cups with 4 lids, I can replace like ALL of these because they are good for hot AND cold drinks! How awesomely exciting is THAT?!? :) That alone is a gift in itself.
So this morning as we got ready to head out of town for Christmas, we let the.girls open up 1.5 gifts each: DVDs for the girls to watch during.our nearly 6 hour drive. Then Big Sis takes me aside and asks if we could get daddy to open up the.family gift from Santa's elves. What a fabulous idea I say! And it was because now we could put them to immediate use.
So here, somewhere, are two pix: one of the cups and one of them being put to immediate use. The others are out of sight under all that STUFF!
Now I just can't wait to get back home and get busy clearing out those to-go shelves! :)
And here's what my cup says:
Words to live by, don't you think? :)
Thanks so much for stopping by and please feel free to make my day by leaving me a comment, joining my blog in the top right corner or liking my on Facebook at MyEpicureanAdventures - the more the merrier! :)
Christine, aka happyvballgirl :)
Disclosure: Affiliate links are used on this blog. :)